IPL 2020: Sunil Narine has now been removed from the IPL’s Suspicious Action Warning list.BCCI / IPL
Kolkata Knight Riders’ West Indies spinner Sunil Narine was cleared by the Indian Premier League’s suspected bowling action committee on Sunday after receiving news last week. Naren was reported to have been charged with suspicious activity during the clash against Kings XI Punjab last Saturday and may be banned from bowling in the league after the same. But, relieved for the player as well as his franchise, the IPL committee found his bowling clean.
“Kolkata Knight Riders player Sunil Narine has been cleared by the IPL’s suspected bowling action committee,” the IPL statement said.
After hearing the news, Naren was included in the IPL’s warning list. KKR requested to submit action footage in slow motion with back and side angle, for an official evaluation of the action taken by Naren’s special committee.
“The committee carefully reviewed all the distribution of the action footage sent to Mr. Naren with open eyes and found that the kohu-bending was within the permitted limits.
A statement from the IPL said, “The committee has stated that Naren should repeat the same action in the IPL 2020 match.”
The 32-year-old cricketer has now been removed from the IPL’s Suspicious Action Warning list. Naren was suspended from bowling in international cricket in 2015 after the ICC declared his action illegal.
But in 2016, with corrective measures, it was cleared for bowling in all its forms. His actions were also recorded during the 2018 Pakistan Super League but were eventually cleared.
After receiving several reports, Narine sharpened his batting skills. During last Saturday’s match, Narine took two wickets in his four overs, which KKR won by two runs while defending 165 runs.