Digital Desk, New Delhi. A press conference was organized by the Union Ministry of Health and the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) on Tuesday about the condition of corona virus epidemic in the country. In this, Secretary of the Ministry of Health, Rajesh Bhushan and Director General of ICMR, Dr. Balram Bhargava gave information about the condition of Corona. During this time it was told that the condition of corona infection in the country is constantly improving. He said that there have been 3 cases of re-infection in India, while 24 such cases have been reported worldwide.
Secretary in the ministry Rajesh Bhushan said that 62,27,295 people have been recovered and discharged so far. This number is the highest in the world. There has been a steady decline in the number of active cases. In the middle of September, there were 10 lakh active cases in the country, now it has come down to 8,38,000. He told that from 9 to 15 September, 92 thousand new cases were coming up in the country every day. There are 70,114 new cases reported daily between 7 October and 13 October.
87 percent patients recover
The Secretary of the Ministry of Health stated that about 87% of people have recovered, 11.69% are active cases and 1.53% are death cases. There are 10 states with 79% of the total cases. Kerala was not even in 10 states till 2 weeks ago, now it is at number three. Rajesh Bhushan said that there are 11.69 percent active cases of corona virus infection in the country. Of the total active cases, 11 per cent are in Kerala, 25 per cent in Maharashtra and 13 per cent in Karnataka. He said that we are discussing with these states how to reduce the cases of Kovid-19 here.
Kerala reached third position
He said that there are 10 states in which 79 percent of the total cases are there. Kerala was not even in 10 states till two weeks ago, now it is at number three. If you see from 9 to 15 September, 92 thousand new cases were coming in the country every day. There are 70,114 new cases reported daily between October 7 and October 13. Amit Khare, Secretary, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, who was present at the press conference, said that we have decided to run a campaign ‘Jan Andolan for Kovid-19 Appropriate Behavior’. Khare said that this campaign will be run for October and November and it will be continued in different formats till March next year.
Will pay attention in winter
NITI Aayog member (health) Dr VK Paul said that Kovid-19 is coming under the influence of stability. We have to be more careful about our cleanliness. He said that because it is a respiratory virus (respiratory virus) and most respiratory viruses thrive during winter. Behavior change is required, mask is mandatory. Dr. Paul said that removing the doubts associated with face masks, three-ply masks and homemade masks are helpful in preventing the spread of Kovid-19 infection. N-95 masks are beneficial for healthcare workers working in hospitals. At the same time, surgical masks are effective in everyday use.
Key points of the press conference
- Total, weekly and daily rates of infection with Kovid-19 have decreased. This is 8.07 percent, 6.24 percent and 5.16 percent respectively.
- The average daily rate of infection with Kovid-19, which was 8.50 per cent between September 9 and September 15, has come down from 6.7 per cent between 7 October and 13 October.
- Investigation of covid-19 has increased significantly and the rate of infection has also steadily declined.
- About 35 per cent of the deaths due to Kovid-19 have occurred in patients in the age group of 45-60 years and 10 per cent in patients in the age group of 26-44 years.
- Of those who lost their lives with Kovid-19, 70 percent were men and 30 percent were women.
- Nearly 53% of the deaths due to Kovid-19 have occurred in patients whose age is 60 years or more.
- As of today, there are 8,38,729 under-treated patients of Kovid-19 in the country, their number remains below nine lakhs for the fifth consecutive day.